1. The Warranty
The peace of mind that comes from knowing your mill is backed by the strongest warranty in the industry goes beyond a price tag. And our warranties aren’t just words on a page. We go beyond most manufacturers in making sure you’re pleased with your mill. They feature five years on the bed, two years on everything else accept wear items like belts, and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee click here
. Our warranties are transferable beyond the original owner. Call 866/646-1954 with the serial number on a mill you’re investigating and we can give you the specifics on its warranty.
2. The Latest Technology
Our team of 30 engineers is constantly working to improve our world class sawmills.
- Features – Many of today’s most advanced features are not available on older mills such as the bi-plane hydraulic clamp which was introduced in late 1996
- Options – Most of today’s options are not retro-fittable on 1996 or older Wood-Mizers. Some are not retro-fittable at all.
- Revisions – although we’re proud of our 1982 LT40, the 2009 LT40 is a better sawmill. Our customers have provided us with valuable input during our 27 year history and many of their suggestions are now standard on our mills. Wood-Mizer carefully tracks each and every revision, and the LT40 is now on Revision K3.00. To read more about revisions, click here: (put a link to WM’s Revision history here)
- Longevity – the longer we’ve been in business, the more we’ve learned about building mills that last and last and last. Wood-Mizer has customers that have logged over 20,000 hours on our mills, working 3 shifts, 7 days a week.
3. “Somebody else’s trouble”
- Maintenance – no two customers maintain a mill exactly alike. Even meticulous written records can’t guarantee that the seller has maintained his equipment the same way you would.
- Abuse – it doesn’t take long to tear down even the most durable machine if you run over it with a concrete truck! Skid steers and forklifts can also wreak havoc on a sawmill.
- Alterations – some guys just can’t leave their 8th grade shop class behind! Once a mill is welded on or altered outside of Wood-Mizer specs, it’s no longer something we can help you maintain.
Training by a Wood-Mizer technician is included when you purchase a new or used mill from Wood-Mizer. But you may or may not receive training when you purchase a used mill direct from the owner. Some of our customers are superb sawyers and could doubtless teach us all a thing or two about operating a sawmill. But few if any of them have the training necessary to make sure you understand everything you need to know to get the most out of your mill. If you buy your mill from a private owner you can still get factory training. Schedule a Service Plan with Training Appointment Click here to get your Wood-Mizer checked out by a factory-trained technician. He’ll teach you what he’s doing while he also explains the finer points of good sawyer technique.